Pacific Marine Supply Company.
Pacific Net and Twine Company was founded in 1897 by Edward Cunningham, a Scottish Immigrant, and D.B. McBride of Portland, Oregon. The business was originally limited to selling netting and twine and was run out of a basement. The company moved to First Avenue and Jackson Street in Seattle, Washington, before moving operations to Pier 6 on Seattle’s waterfront in 1904. In 1913 the company moved again, this time to Pier 8 and added a complete marine department, which supplied the Puget Sound and Alaskan fishing industries. In 1919 the company moved once more, this time to it’s own building at 1223 Western Avenue in Seattle. A subsidiary of the company, Pacific Fishing and Trading Company, retained facilities on Pier 8. In 1927 the company changed its name to Pacific Marine Supply Company.
By 1966 the company had changed its name once more to Pacific Marine Schwabacher Inc. Pacific Marine Supply may have merged with the Schwabacher Company, or been bought out. Around 1967 the former headquarters of Pacific Marine Supply at 1223 Western Avenue became a branch office for Pacific Marine Schwabacher Inc. Pacific Marine Schwabacher Inc. dropped from Seattle listings in the mid-1980s.From the finding aid for Pacific Marine Supply Company Records circa 1900-1966, circa 1980 (Museum of History & Industry Sophie Frye Bass Library)