Presentations and Papers
- “Social Networks and
Archival Context Project: A Case Study of Emerging Cyberinfrastructure,”
Tom J. Lynch. Digital Humanities Quarterly, 8:3 2014.
- “Social Networks and Archival Context: from Project to Cooperative Archival Program,”
Daniel Pitti, Rachael Hu, Ray Larson, Brian Tingle, and Adrian Turner. Paper submitted
to the Journal of Archival Organization. Special issue focused on EAC-CPF, co-edited
by Katherine Wisser (Simmons College) and Anila Angjeli (Bibliotheque nationale de France).
- “Social Networks and Archival Context: from R&D Project to Cooperative Program,” Ray
Larson et al. Information Access Seminar, UC Berkeley School of Information, February 14, 2014.
- SNAC R&D and CPP overview and new site preview, Daniel Pitti. Packard Campus, Library of
Congress, Culpeper, VA, May 27, 2014.
- Overview of SNAC R&D and CPP, Daniel Pitti. “Ontologies for Prosopography: Who's Who or Who
was Who?” workshop, Digital Humanities 2014, Lausanne, Switzerland, July 8, 2014.
- forthcoming “Establishing a Description and Access Cooperative: From Project to Program,”
John Martinez, Ray Larson, Daniel Pitti, and Brian Tingle. Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting,
Washington, DC, August 15, 2014.
- forthcoming “SNAC,“ Daniel Pitti, Fonds and Bonds: Archival Metadata, Tools, and Identity
Management Pre-Conference Special Session, DCMI International Conference on Dublin Core and
Metadata Applications, Austin, TX, October 8, 2014.
- “Social Networks and Archival Context: Towards a Social Network of History,” Ray R. Larson,
Daniel Pitti, Brian Tingle, Yiming Liu, Krishna Janakiraman. Paper submitted to the
Social Networks and Data Mining minitrack of the HICSS conference (in review).
- “Social Networks and Archival Context (SNAC), Phase 2: Current Status
and Developments,” Daniel Pitti, Ray Larson, Brian Tingle, Adrian Turner. Information Access Seminar, UC Berkeley
School of Information, February 1, 2013.
- Presentations on SNAC by Daniel Pitti at Archives nationales, Paris, France, February 21, 2013;
Council meeting, Strasbourg, February 25, 2013;
meeting Berlin, February 27, 2013.
- “Building infrastructures for archives in a digital world,” Daniel Pitti, Trinity College,
Dublin, Ireland, June 26-28, 2013.
- Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, New Orleans, August 2013.
- “Decoding the Digital: Technology, New Media and a Culture Consumed?” University of
Rochester, September 12-14, 2013.
- Association of Moving Image Archivists Annual Conference, Richmond, Virginia,
November 7-8, 2013.
- “Social Networks and Archival Context: Towards a Social Network of History,”
Ray R. Larson, Daniel Pitti, Yiming Liu, Brian Tingle, Adrian Turner and Rachel Hu.
In PNC 2013 Annual Conference and Joint Meetings, Kyoto University, Japan, Dec. 11,
2013. p. 76.
- “Historic Social Networks:
Prototype Access System”
by Brian Tingle | “The
Social Networks and Archival Context Projects: Status Report”
by Daniel Pitti and Ray Larson. Presentations at 2012 Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting
- “The Management of Scholarly Identity: A CNI Workshop,” Daniel Pitti. Coalition for Networked
Information, April 4, 2012.
- “National Archival Authorities Infrastructure: Social Networks and Archival Context & National Archival
Authorities Cooperative,” Daniel Pitti. Cornell University Library Metadata Working Group Forum, April 20,
Aims to Build Online Hub for Archive Materials,”
Jennifer Howard, Chronicle of Higher Education, May 13, 2012.
- SNAC presentation by Daniel Pitti, Ray Larson, Brian Tingle, Adrian Turner. Building a National Archival
meeting, National Archives and Records Administration, May 21-23, 2012.
- “Archive Watch: Building a National Cooperative for Archival
Howard, Chronical of Higher Education, May 22, 012.
- “Introduction to Linked Data: Connecting Our Collections,” Brian Tingle, Adrian Turner,
Catherine Wisser. Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (Association of College & Research Libraries)
Preconference, San Diego, CA, June 21, 2012.
- Digital Humanities Conference Hamburg, Germany “Facilitating Research through Social-Document
Networks” panel organized by Daniel Pitti (with Simon Agnès, BnF; Stefano Vitali, Soprintendenza
Archivistica per l'Emilia Romagna; Arnold, Kerstin, Bundesarchiv and APEx), July 17, 2012,
- “Solving Our Problems with Authority and Sharing: Current Developments and
Prospects, ” Ray Larson and Daniel Pitti. Society of American Archivists, San Diego, CA, August 11, 2012.
- “Social networks and archival context: findings and future research,”
Daniel Pitti. ICA Congress, Brisbane, Australia, August 22, 2012.
- “Social Networks and Archival Context Project,” Ray Larson, Brian Tingle, Adrian Turner.
Digital Library Federation, Denver, November 4, 2012.
- “Building an Archival Identity Management Network: Transforming Archival Practice
and Historical Research,” Daniel Pitti, Brian Tingle. Identity Management Session, Coalition
for Networked Information, December 7, 2012.
- Webinar, for archivists and librarians affiliated with the Online
Archive of California, Adrian Turner and Brian Tingle. May 23, 2011.
- BioGraph, Krishna Janakiraman. Masters in Information Management and System Final
Project Presentation, School of Information, University of California, Berkeley, May 12, 2011.
- Daniel Pitti, Archivists Roundtable of Metropolitan New York, March 7, 2011.
- Ray Larson, Personal Archiving Workshop, San Francisco, February 25, 2011.
- Ray Larson, Friday Seminar, School of Information, UC Berkeley, February 4, 2011.
- “Web Information Quality and Name Authority Control,” Ray Larson. Evaluating Web Information
Quality and Credibility Panel, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January 7, 2011.
- Presentations at 2010 Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting Slide presentation, Daniel Pitti
- Presentation to the National Archivist and the Advisory Committee on the Electronic
Records Archive, Daniel Pitti. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D.C., November 4, 2010.
- Brian Tingle, Digital Library Federation (DLF) Forum 2010, Palo Alto, California, November 3, 2010.
- Ray Larson, Brian Tingle, and Krishna Janakiraman, Friday Seminar, School of Information, UC Berkeley, October 1, 2010.
- Brian Pitti, EAC-CPF: Moving Forward with Authority workshop, National Archives
and Records Administration, Washington, D.C., August 9, 2010.